Interested? Kindly submit your resume with motivation / cover letter, relevant experience, references and salary expectations to the undersigned at email@example.com, latest by Thursday, 11 May 2017.
Thank you for your attention & with kind regards,
The Malaysian Dutch Business Council is an active mid-size bilateral business support organisation with more than 250 corporate members. MDBC is considered one of the most active (not-for-profit) business associations in Malaysia, and delivers an extensive scope of services to its members. In line with our continued growth and the current 2016 – 2018 Strategy, the MDBC is further expanding its value proposition to our members and stakeholders.
Therefore per immediate we are looking for a new team-member for the position of:
- Events & Membership Manager.
Location: MDBC office, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan
- We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with long-term commitment who wants to join a vibrant, growing organization with wide exposure to corporate, diplomatic and government sectors;
- A candidate who is flexible in a small organisation (6 – 8 colleagues) with a multitude of activities and responsibilities;
- Good communication skills, Outgoing personality, Team player;
- Detailed & Neat and Service-oriented towards members and all other contacts/ stakeholders.
Preference will be given to candidates who are not current employees of MDBC member – companies. Please feel free to distribute this vacancy to other contacts.
Events & Membership Manager:
In the role of Events & Membership Manager you are responsible for the planning, organizing and executing the MDBC events, and to maintain contact with our membership community. As a membership organisation, the strength of the MDBC lies in providing value to our members.
- Engagement with the MDBC members and delivering sustainable value and experience for MDBC members;
- Point of contact for existing and new members;
- Delivering growth by attracting new members and initiating new revenue streams;
- Plan, organise and execute MDBC events;
- Liaise with other organisations on joint / co-organising events;
- Engagement with event venues such as hotels;
- Co-responsibility in obtaining sponsors and advertisers;
- Manage & update Membership Database and Mailing Lists;
- Upkeep and management of CRM database;
- Support MDBC’s online media presence and publications;
- Represent Executive Director when on leave.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written.
(Dutch or/and Bahasa Malaysia or/and Chinese dialects language skills will be an advantage)
- Experienced match maker
- Exceptional client relationship & networking skills
- Presentation Skills & Commercial acumen
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-Starter / Pro-active / Work Independently
- Performance Driven
- Ambitious and Strives for Excellence
- Experience in (corporate) business environment
- MS Office & Social Media
- The preferred candidate lives in Malaysia (or has working experience in Malaysia and willing to relocate to Malaysia) and has strong affinity with Malaysia and The Netherlands;
- This is considered a full-time position under a local contract, with long-term view and growth potential;
- The candidate has to be available to work outside regular working hours for MDBC events and to attend other functions.