- This event has passed.
EUMCCI / MDBC: Accelerating Malaysia’s Human Capital Index
February 13 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Dear MDBC members,
Human Capital (the knowledge, skills, and health that people accumulate over their lives), has been the main reason for continuous sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction in many countries. The Human Capital Index (HCI), developed by the World Bank, measures the amount of human capital that a child born today can expect to attain by age 18. It conveys the productivity of the next generation of workers, assuming complete education and full health in its benchmark. This Index is constructed for 157 countries and in 2018, Malaysia ranked 55.
According to the HCI, a child born in Malaysia today will be 62% more productive when he or she grows older. In line with the nation’s aspiration to become a high – income nation, developmental progress is measured beyond GDP and includes Human Capital Development; there is still room for improvement in the areas of education, nutrition, and overall social welfare.
This event aims to discuss how Malaysia can continue to improve its human capital and boost productivity. Some of the key issues that will be discussed include the importance of universal access to high – quality education to better develop cognitive and social skills. Another important issue that will be addressed is the stunting problem that is on the rise, as it affects one in five Malaysian children.
We invite you to join us in examining the Human Capital issues in Malaysia and how we, as a society, can accelerate Human Capital Development in the country for the betterment of our shared future, a future that realizes the Shared Prosperity Vision.
Date: Thursday, 13 February 2020
Time: 09:00 – 14:30 hrs
Venue: Malaysia International Trade & Exhibition Centre (MITEC)
Dress Code: Business Smart
Fees: Non – Members: RM 300 / pax (Free Seating)*
Members: RM 222 / pax (Free Seating)
Please note: Pricing is inclusive of SST.
* MDBC & ADCN members pay non members prices.
Members price is ONLY applicable if your company is a direct or top up member of EUMCCI.
– Registration will be closed on Monday, 10 February 2020 (12 noon). Registration and payment are required to confirm your attendance.
– Walk – ins will only be accepted on a space availability basis and will be accompanied by an additional RM 50.00 charge (on top of the entry price).
– There will be NO refund if cancellation is made after Monday, 10 February 2020 (12 noon); substitutions are allowed. Late cancellations and no shows are still chargeable, no refunds can be extended.
– You should receive an acknowledgement of your registration within one working day. Do contact us immediately if you do not receive this acknowledgment because without it your registration is not confirmed. This confirmation will also enable you to receive our usual pre – event re – confirmation.
To register, you may fill in the registration form which was sent to all members recently and return it to MDBC Secretariat by e mail at email@example.com no later than Monday, 10 February 2020 (12 noon). Alternatively, you may use the registration form below. All registered guests will receive our re – confirmation latest by Wednesday, 12 February 2020, with venue details; Please contact us if you do not receive this confirmation. By clicking and registering online, you acknowledge the event guidelines.
We look forward to your attendance!
With best regards,
+603 – 2722 8335