- This event has passed.
HKDutchCham / MDBC: Building Business in ASEAN Through e – Commerce
September 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 pm
Dear MDBC members,
We are pleased to bring you a webinar entitled “Building Business in ASEAN Through e – Commerce”.
This webinar is organised by The Malaysian Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong and Macau) and co – hosted by Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, with limited seats available for MDBC members.
This webinar is for businesses looking to leverage e – commerce to expand their footprint, reach, and operating models into ASEAN markets.
Date: Monday, 28 September
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 hrs
Online Platform: Zoom
The COVID – 19 pandemic has wrecked global norms. Traditional business, operating models, and supply chains via multiple distribution levels have come under tremendous pressure almost overnight as transportation, people movement, and access to facilities and stores have become restricted. This is especially challenging for ASEAN based businesses or businesses that want to expand into ASEAN, a huge market of 600 million people and a flourishing tech – savvy middle class spanning across vast lands and diverse infrastructure.
There are more people working from home than ever and accessing the world digitally, which means the way businesses and consumers search, review, buy, and the speed they expect their purchases to be delivered, have changed as well. Businesses are encouraged to consider alternative and more effective operating models and channels such as e – commerce to cater to this change and at the same time, facilitate quicker growth and expansion to access and appeal to a much wider audience.
An established operating model that includes an e – commerce channel and surrounding ecosystem will allow businesses
* To disseminate relevant information to their target customers to choose and buy more quickly and easily
* To reach out to a wider potential customer base at the same time and create a multiplier effect
* To ensure a better, more efficient operating model and after-tax results
* To obtain better customer purchasing and personal data for future market/customer analytics
Customers’ buying behaviors have changed and / or is changing. Are your business and operating models ready for this change?
In this webinar, we will be discussing these topics:
* Overview of e-commerce businesses in ASEAN by country post-COVID 19
* What are other business opportunities when selling through e – commerce?
* What’s the most optimized approach to sell through e – commerce ecosystem like Lazada?
* How are end to end supply chain / logistics and payments being handled?
* How do we handle refunds and returns?
* What are the recommended ways to support end customers enquiries / complaints / orders?
* Overview of typical tax – efficient operating models as well as tax regimes on products sold and returned through e – commerce in ASEAN
* Key government incentives / tariff waivers available
* What products are the most ideal and what products are least ideal for selling through e-commerce for each of the ASEAN countries?
* What is the cost associated with the services that Lazada provides?
Please register online via the form below.
Fill in all mandatory fields, scroll down to ensure you have completed all fields, click submit, and you should receive an immediate automated acknowledgement after you register for this event.
Please note: If your registration form is not complete, you will not receive this automated acknowledgment which means that your registration has not been received by us. Kindly try again or e – mail us at email@example.com.
Please register no later than Thursday, 24 September (12 noon). By clicking and registering online, you acknowledge the event guidelines.
All registered guests will receive a confirmation latest by Friday, 25 September with further details on how to log in for this webinar; Please contact us if you do not receive this acknowledgement or confirmation.
We look forward to your attendance!
With best regards,