- This event has passed.
MDBC / EUMCCI: ICW Towards a Cohesive & Holistic Mobility for Malaysia & Singapore, 17 May
May 17, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Please note: This event has passed.
Thank you to those who attended this event.
Dear MDBC members,
As Malaysia sets its sights to fulfilling its high income nation agenda by 2020, the increase in transportation connectivity has become a key priority with new lines being mapped out and new projects being constructed for its dynamic urban development. These include some high profile projects that will dramatically alter the landscape of travel, such as the Mass Rapid Transit lines, Double Tracking Railway, and of course, the KL – SG High Speed Rail.
As the nation’s most prolific and largest mobility undertaking across 2 countries, the High Speed Rail involves cross – border operations to be unified by a single standard signaling system. All across Europe, in Italy, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and France, where High Speed Railways are present, open European technology systems like the European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS) has been a widely accepted standard of excellence, deployed for its ability to enhance complex, cross border train operations and in digitalizing services. Such is the advent of digitialization which has been instrumental to enabling smart solutions that cater to increasing passengers demand for efficiency, safety, and comfort, a growing population, and in keeping up with changing transportation times that call for cost effective control and monitoring of operations.
Date: Thursday, 17 May 2018
Time: 12:00 – 17:30 hrs
Venue: Hilton Kuala Lumpur
Price: RM 250 for Members; RM 350 for non – members.
1) MDBC members pay non members prices unless they are direct members of EUMCCI.
2) Participants per company are limited to 1 C – level participant + 1 staff.
3) Kindly register as soon as possible as there are a limited number (80) of complimentary seats available (fully at the discretion of EUMCCI); subsequent registrations will be charged depending on whether you are a direct member of EUMCCI or not.
12:00 hrs – Briefing session to Ambassadors
13:30 hrs – Ambassador’s Lunch
14:00 hrs – Registration
14:30 hrs – Welcome address by YBhg Tan Sri Dr. Rebecca Sta Maria (Chairperson, EUMCCI)
14:40 hrs – Address by H.E. Maria Castillo Fernandez (Ambassador & Head of EU Delegation to Malaysia)
14:50 hrs – Keynote address by YBhg Datuk Seri Saripuddin Hj. Kassin (Sec Gen MOT, Malaysia (TBC))
15:00 hrs – ‘In Conversation With’ panel discussion:
* Mohd Azharuddin Mat Sah (CEO, SPAD (TBC))
* Masnizam Hisham (President & CEO, Prasarana (TBC))
* Alan Chan Heng Loon (Chairman, Land Transport Authority, Singapore (TBC))
* Tham Kok Yong (Chief Technical Officer, SG HSR (TBC))
* Dato’ Zailani Safari (CEO, Technology Depository Agency)
Moderator: YBhg Tan Sri Dr. Rebecca Sta Maria (TBC)
16:00 hrs – Q&A session
16:15 hrs – Summary by Moderator
16:20 hrs – Presentation of tokens of appreciation to panelists
16:25 hrs – Launch of Consortium logo & group photo session
16:30 hrs – Press Conference
– Networking Cocktail session
1) EUMCCI reserves the right to change and alter the speakers and program without prior notice.
2) For Muslim participants who will not be joining the Networking Cocktail, an F&B voucher will be provided to break fast at Hilton Kuala Lumpur.
MDBC will NOT be handling registrations for this event. To register, kindly contact EUMCCI (Geetha) at +603 2162 6298 / firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, 14 May.