NL Embassy: Malaysia as a Maritime Nation
November 3 @ 3:00 pm - 4:45 pm
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, together with the Malaysia Institute of Defence and Security (MiDAS), and with support from the Ministry of Defence and The Netherlands Industries for Defence and Security (NIDV), is organizing a webinar titled: “Malaysia as a Maritime Nation: Prospects and Way Forward”.
The first ever Malaysian Defence White Paper (DWP) is a document that provides clarity on Malaysia’s strategic concerns and defence policy for the next 10 years. As the primary strategic document of the Malaysian government, it lays out the foundations for future actions to guide Malaysian defence planning. Doing so presents an unprecedented opportunity for both Malaysia and the Netherlands to enhance defence and industrial ties.
What sort of opportunities and milestones should we expect?
What challenges will Malaysia and the Netherlands expect in the course of implementation?
Join us to find out more during this webinar session!
Date: Tuesday, 3 November
Time: 15:00 – 16:45 hrs (MY time) / 08:00 – 09:45 (NL time)
a) This event is exclusive and complimentary for MDBC members from the Defense and Security sector.
b) Space is limited and registration is subject to first come, first served basis.
c) If you are unable to attend, replacement / substitute are welcomed.
15:00 hrs – Welcome Remarks & Keynote Address by
- Welcome: H.E. Aart Jacobi (Ambassador, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
- Welcome: Noor Hisham (Director General, MiDAS)
- Keynote: YB Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (Minister of Defence & Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Malaysia)
15:15 hrs – Session 1: “Our Future as a Maritime Nation” by
- Ahmad Nadzri bin Mohd Hassan (Deputy Secretary General – Policy, Policy and Strategic Planning Division, Ministry of Defence Malaysia)
- Associate Prof. Dr. Adam Leong Kok Wey (Deputy Director of Research – Centre for Defence and International Security Studies, National Defence University (Malaysia))
- Vice Admiral A.J. de Waard (Ph.D. Msc) (National Armaments Director, Netherlands)
15:45 hrs – Q&A for Session 1
16:00 hrs – Session 2: “Building the Future Force” by
- Brigadier General Dato’ Hj Saharuddin bin Mansor (Assistant Chief of Staff – Defense Planning, Malaysian Armed Forces Headquarters (MAF HQ))
- Dr Kogila Balakrishnan (Director – Client and Business Development, Warwick University / Former Under Secretary – Department of Defence Industry, Ministry of Defence Malaysia)
- Commissioner Jan Christiaan Dicke (Commissioner Military Production, Netherlands Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy)
16:30 hrs – Q&A for Session 2
Moderated by: Datuk Dr. Sabirin Ja’afar (Director General, Maritime Institute of Malaysia (MIMA))
Organised by: Supported by:
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands MiDAS Ministry of Defense
This event is organised by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands; MDBC members are being accorded a special opportunity to attend. Please register via the form below.
Fill in all mandatory fields, scroll down to ensure you have completed all fields, click submit, and you should receive an immediate automated acknowledgement after you register for this event.
Please note: If your registration form is not complete, you will not receive this automated acknowledgment which means that your registration has not been received by us. Kindly try again or e – mail us at email@example.com.
Please register no later than Monday, 2 November (12 noon – Malaysian time). By clicking and registering online, you acknowledge the event guidelines.
MDBC will have to discuss all registrations with the Netherlands Embassy, for their approval. All registered guests will receive a confirmation latest by Tuesday, 3 November (12 noon – Malaysian time) with further details on how to log in for this webinar; Please contact us if you do not receive this acknowledgement or confirmation.
We look forward to your attendance!
With best regards,