- This event has passed.
Netherlands Embassy: The Dutch Approach to Inland Port Ecosystems
June 29, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Netherlands Embassy in Malaysia is pleased to invite you to attend the webinar on “The Dutch Approach to Inland Port Ecosystems“.
Transition of Malaysia Into a Regional Distribution Hub: A Dutch Approach to the Development of Inland Ports.
This webinar is supported by the MDBC.
Date: Monday, 29 June 2020
Time: 15:00 – 16:30 hrs ( Malaysia Time)
09:00 – 10:30 hrs (Netherlands Time)
Webinar Platform : Zoom
This is a complimentary webinar for the target audience.
As Malaysia progresses towards becoming a leading distribution hub in the ASEAN region, inland ports will play an increasing role in the logistics ecosytem. This webinar will provide insights on the current landscape in Malaysia and how Malaysia could benefit from best practices from the Netherlands as a leading logistics hotspot in Europe.
The panel consists of prominent speakers in the logistics sector from the Ministry of Transport Malaysia, Holland International Distribution Council, and Erasmus Centre for Urban, Port and Transport Economics.
Participants will get the opportunity to engage on various issues involving the development of inland ports including:
- Overview of the Malaysian Inland Port Landscape
- The role of inland ports
- How the Netherlands transformed into Europe’s distribution hub
- How to facilitate multi modular logistics systems
- Welcome by H.E. Aart Jacobi (Netherlands Ambassador)
- Welcome by YBhg. Datuk Isham Ishak (Secretary General, Ministry of Transport Malaysia)
- Ms. Anis Mardiana Abdullah (Deputy Under Secretary, Logistic & Land Transport Division, Ministry of Transport Malaysia)
- Mr. Remco Buurman (CEO, Holland International Distribution Council)
- Dr. Larissa van der Lugt (Director, Erasmus Centre for Urban, Port and Transport Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam)
Ms. Reshma Yousuf (Founder & Managing Director, Center For Logistics Leadership in Business)
15:00 – Welcome by H.E. Aart Jacobi
Welcome by YBhg. Datuk Isham Ishak
15:15 – Overview of the Malaysian Inland Port Landscape by Ms Anis Mardiana Abdullah
15:35 – The role of inland ports and how the Netherlands transformed into Europe’s distribution hub by Mr. Remco Buurman
15:55 – How to facilitate multi – modular logistics systems? by Dr. Larissa van der Lugt
16:15 – Q&A
16:30 – Closing Remarks
Please note that there will be an immediate automated acknowledgment after you register for this event.
If you do not receive this message, it means that your registration has not been received by us. Kindly try again or email us at .
Please register via the form below no later than Friday, 26 June 2020. By clicking and registering online, you acknowledge the event guidelines.
All registered guests will receive a confirmation latest by Saturday, 27 June with further details on how to log in for this webinar; Please contact us if you do not receive this acknowledgement or confirmation.
We look forward to your attendance!
With best regards,