MDBC Innovation & Sustainability Awards Guidelines, Rules & Regulations
Please note that product and service innovations will hereafter be referred to as “project(s)”.
- Participation in the MDBC Innovation & Sustainability Awards (MISA) constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules & Regulations, and the decisions of the Judges which are final and binding.
- The entry must be the original work of the entrant and must be owned by the entrant. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s pre – existing work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Entries cannot defame, invade, or violate the publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal, moral, or proprietary rights of any kind whatsoever. Any entrant whose entry includes a third party’s name, likeness, trademarks, trade names, logos, or any other elements not wholly owned by the entrant must have a legal release for such use (provided by the entrant), including MDBC’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to MDBC.
- Judges may decide that the company is required to submit further details, or decide that they (the judges) want to visit any (shortlisted) company, project, or start – up / scale up in order to make a well informed judgement on the project or start – up / scale – up on site.
- The expert panel of Judges have the right to move a participant from one category to another if the judges believe that a different category is more appropriate / applicable.
- The MISA Panel of Judges will review all received complete submissions. Participants that do not comply with the entry requirements and guidelines will be notified in advance (Provided there is sufficient time between submission of the nomination form and the deadline), allowing them the chance to rectify any missing components of their submission.
- All preliminary application information that is submitted is confidential and will only be viewed by MDBC staff responsible for MISA and the selected judging panelists.
- It is understood that the panel of judges consists of highly regarded and expert individuals who are fully independent. Judges are expected to shortlist three nominees per category but are also allowed to divert from this number. These shortlisted nominees are required to conduct a presentation on their submission to the Judges, which will also be open for attendance by other MDBC members and external guests. This presentation will take place on the actual day of MISA and will serve as a sharing of all best practices, in line with the objective of these awards and this event. The nominee’s presentation will also allow the Judges to make their final decision. The announcement on the winning submissions (during the MISA Awards Ceremony & DInner) will be solely based on the judges’ decision. MDBC will not assist in providing further explanations on the final results in order to maintain its objectivity. Decisions of judges are final and binding on all matters related to this contest.
- For the MISA Awards Ceremony & Dinner (where winners will be announced), shortlisted participants are committed to purchasing a minimum of 4 seats for the event. Additional representatives are more than welcome, e.g. by means of the purchase of a table.
Video Submission Guidelines
All submissions must:
- Be original. Copyright infringement of any other companies’ / organisation’s video is grounds for immediate disqualification;
- Be in English,
- Be in accordance to the category that you would like to participate in. It is not compulsory to have a person in front of the camera; It can be filmed as “first – person point of view”;
- Be at least one (1) minute long and not exceed two (2) minutes;
- Be of good quality as your video might be displayed during the event for others to view;
- Be in MP4 format;
- Be in landscape format (Aspect ratio resolution of 16:9);
- Ensure that the audio is clear;
- Be submitted to MDBC via WeTransfer (wetransfer.com) to email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter related to MISA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +603 – 2722 8335