MDBC is an active mid – size bilateral business support organization with close to 300 corporate members. As an awarded and accredited Chamber, MDBC is considered one of the most active (not – for – profit) business associations in Malaysia. We deliver an extensive scope of services to our members. The Council is looking to further expand its scope of services with a stronger value proposition to our members and stakeholders and if there are any job vacancies available, they will be listed below.
Types of vacancies
For professional job seekers who are interested in being included in our network, we have a special Career Membership available.
For Dutch students looking for an internship placement within MDBC’s network, we encourage you to enroll in the MDBC Student Internship Program.
Any job vacancies / internship placements available directly with MDBC will be listed below. Internship placements are for a duration of (min) three to (preferably) five months.
MDBC office, Binjai 8 Premium Soho, Lorong Binjai, Off Jalan Binjai, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Enthusiastic candidates who want to join a vibrant, growing organisation with wide exposure to corporate, diplomatic, and government sectors;
- Candidates who are flexible in a small organisation (6 – 10 colleagues) with a multitude of activities and responsibilities;
- The preferred candidate is Malaysian; an affinity with the Netherlands / EU is preferred;
- Non – Malaysian candidates who fulfill all other requirements are welcome to apply; kindly indicate current visa or work permit status and your affinity with Malaysia and the Netherlands;
- Language skills: Fluency in spoken and written English is a must. Fluency in spoken and written Bahasa Malaysia is strongly preferred. (Dutch or / and Chinese dialects language skills will be an advantage);
- Non internship positions are considered full – time positions under a local contract;
- Good communication skills, outgoing personality, team player;
- The candidate has to be available to occasionally work outside regular working hours for MDBC events and to attend other functions.
- Detailed & Neat and Service – oriented towards members and all other contacts / stakeholders.
For all vacancies:
Preference will be given to candidates who are NOT current employees of MDBC member companies; but spouses (f / m) of members are encouraged to apply. Please feel free to inform others about these vacancies.
Office & Administration Student Intern
In the role of Accounting Student Intern you will be somewhat involved in the day – to – day operations within MDBC which will include primarily assisting the Office and Administrations Manager. It is important that the individual has an interest in / or is willing to learn more about Finance.
Work responsibilities – Accounts:
- Assist in accounting matters
- Follow up on payments of invoices distributed
- Ensure timely payments to vendors and suppliers are made
- Maintaining and filing of payment vouchers and incoming invoices
- Reply and process e – mail requests
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as related to end of year audit activities
Work responsibilities – Administration:
- Upkeep of MDBC membership list on file
- Upkeep and management of CRM database
- Assist in event preparations
- Fluency in English (Written and spoken);
- Fluency in Bahasa Malaysia (Written and spoken);
- Good organizational skills;
- Self – Starter / Pro – active / Can Work Independently;
- MS Office;
- Accounting background is preferred
- Training will be provided for those who are keen on learning;
- Finance background is preferred but not required;
- Candidates should be Malaysian citizens;
- The candidate may occasionally have to be available to work outside regular working hours for MDBC events.