Interested? Kindly submit your resume with motivation / cover letter, relevant experience, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Thank you for your attention & with kind regards,
The Malaysian Dutch Business Council (MDBC) is an active mid – size bilateral business support organisation with nearly 300 corporate members. As an awarded and accredited Chamber, MDBC is considered one of the most active (not – for – profit) business associations in Malaysia. We deliver an extensive scope of services to our members.
In line with our 2019 – 2021 Strategy, MDBC is looking to further expand its scope of services with a stronger value proposition to our members and stakeholders. Due to our continue growth and internal reorganization, we are looking for new team – members for the following positions:
- Student Internship Program (SIP) Executive (Part time)
- Accounts Clerk / Executive (Part time)
We are also looking for a student intern who is immediately available to work with us for the duration of three to five months.
Location: MDBC office, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan
- We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who want to join a vibrant, growing organisation with wide exposure to corporate, diplomatic, and government sectors;
- Candidates who are flexible in a small organisation (6 – 10 colleagues) with a multitude of activities and responsibilities;
- Good communication skills, Outgoing personality, Team player;
- Detailed & Neat and Service-oriented towards members and all other contacts / stakeholders.
For all vacancies:
Preference will be given to candidates who are NOT current employees of MDBC member companies; but spouses (f / m) of members are encouraged to apply. Please feel free to inform others about these vacancies.
Student Internship Program Executive:
MDBC coordinates internship placements for Dutch students at our member – companies in Malaysia. SIP is a unique service by the Chamber and is a major part of our operations. In the role of SIP Executive, you will be responsible for assisting the SIP Manager in the growth and execution of SIP for MDBC.
This position is a part time position, with qualified candidates available for 20 – 24 hours a week (spread over 4 – 5 days per week) & attendance at 1 – 2 MDBC events per month outside of office hours.
Work responsibilities – Student Work Visa Applications:
- Maintain weekly overview on all visa application status;
- Cross check all visa application documents submitted;
- Communicate with necessary parties for submission of correct visa application documents (as per Malaysian Immigration requirements);
- Liaise with the MDBC Visa Application Agent.
Work responsibilities – Administration & Events:
- Maintain overview of internship opportunities;
- Maintain overview of new students who apply for the program;
- Confirmation of internship placements;
- Maintain financial overviews of student payments and invoicing to companies;
- Coordinate the pick up of students and prepare all documentation and goodies for their information bags upon arrival;
- Prepare schedules for visitors of schools / universities;
- Support the SIP Manager with all SIP – related work;
- Assist in coordinating various SIP events during each intake: Cultural Briefings, Farewell gatherings, providing on – site assistance at these events;
- Provide on – site assistance at MDBC events;
- Assist in promoting SIP to participants at all events.
Work responsibilities – Business Development & Relationship Management:
- Strive for new MDBC members (especially those who have been encouraged to join in order to participate in SIP);
- Maintain SIP Instagram account;
- Maintain a good relationship with all stakeholders of MDBC, inclusive of (but not limited to) members, suppliers, partner – and colleague organizations (such as the Netherlands Embassy, NFIA, EUMCCI), etc.
- Fluency in English (Written and spoken);
- Fluency in Dutch (Written and spoken);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel);
- Social media and on – line savvy with knowledge of various platforms.
- Anticipated start date is on or just before 1 March 2020;
- Candidate must be accurate and detail oriented.
Accounts Clerk / Executive:
Responsible for MDBC’s Accounts and Financial Administration, such as maintaining the
accounts through SQL Accounting software, invoicing, follow up on outstanding / aging, prepare
payments, payroll, monthly / quarterly reporting, and annual audit.
This is considered a part-time position for 10 – 20 hours a week).
* Knowledge of full set accounting;
* Knowledge of SQL accounting software with GST compliance (knowledge of MYOB would also be applicable);
* Knowledge of payroll (inclusive of EPF, SOCSO);
* Language skills: English and B.M. are required, while Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese) would also be preferred;
* Malaysian citizen.
Office & Administration Student Intern
In the role of Office & Administration Student Intern you will be somewhat involved in the day – to – day operations within MDBC which will include primarily assisting the Office and Administrations Manager with answering phone calls and other miscellaneous tasks.
To apply for this position, please e mail your CV and cover / motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Bernadette Lawrence – Office & Admin Manager)
Work responsibilities – Administration:
- Upkeep of MDBC membership list on file
- Upkeep and management of CRM database
- Reply and process e mail requests
- Assist in event preparations
Work responsibilities – Accounts:
- Assist in accounting matters
- Follow up on payments of invoices distributed
- Ensure timely payments to vendors and suppliers are made
- Maintain filing of payment vouchers and incoming invoices
- Fluency in English (Written and spoken);
- Fluency in Bahasa Malaysia (Written and spoken);
- Good organizational skills;
- Self – Starter / Pro – active / Can Work Independently;
- MS Office;
- Training will be provided for those who are keen on learning;
- Candidates should be Malaysian citizens;
- The candidate may occasionally have to be available to work outside regular working hours for MDBC events.