Interested? Kindly submit your resume with motivation / cover letter, relevant experience, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Thank you for your attention & with kind regards,
The Malaysian Dutch Business Council is an active mid-size bilateral business support organisation with more than 250 corporate members. MDBC is considered one of the most active (not-for-profit) business associations in Malaysia, and is a member of the EU Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI); MDBC delivers an extensive scope of services to its members. MDBC cares about our members! In 2018 MDBC won the APAC 2018 International Chambers of Commerce Membership Engagement Program of the Year Awards.
In line with our 2018 – 2021 Strategy, MDBC is further expanding its scope of services with a stronger value proposition to our members and stakeholders. Due to our continue growth and internal reorganization, we are looking for new team – members for the following positions:
- Accounts Clerk / Executive (Part time)
We are also looking for a student intern who is immediately available to work with us for the duration of three to five months.
Location: MDBC office, Wisma Lim Foo Yong, Jalan Raja Chulan
- We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who want to join a vibrant, growing organisation with wide exposure to corporate, diplomatic, and government sectors;
- Candidates who are flexible in a small organisation (6 – 10 colleagues) with a multitude of activities and responsibilities;
- Good communication skills, Outgoing personality, Team player;
- Detailed & Neat and Service-oriented towards members and all other contacts / stakeholders.
For all vacancies:
Preference will be given to candidates who are NOT current employees of MDBC member companies; but spouses (f / m) of members are encouraged to apply. Please feel free to inform others about these vacancies.
Accounts Clerk / Executive:
Responsible for MDBC’s Accounts and Financial Administration, such as maintaining the
accounts through SQL Accounting software, invoicing, follow up on outstanding / aging, prepare
payments, payroll, monthly / quarterly reporting, and annual audit.
This is considered a part-time position for 10 – 20 hours a week).
* Knowledge of full set accounting;
* Knowledge of SQL accounting software with GST compliance (knowledge of MYOB would also be applicable);
* Knowledge of payroll (inclusive of EPF, SOCSO);
* Language skills: English and B.M. are required, while Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese) would also be preferred;
* Malaysian citizen.
Office & Administration Student Intern
In the role of Office & Administration Student Intern you will be somewhat involved in the day – to – day operations within MDBC which will include primarily assisting the Office and Administrations Manager with answering phone calls and other miscellaneous tasks.
To apply for this position, please e mail your CV and cover / motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Bernadette Lawrence – Office & Admin Manager)
Work responsibilities – Administration:
- Upkeep of MDBC membership list on file
- Upkeep and management of CRM database
- Reply and process e mail requests
- Assist in event preparations
Work responsibilities – Accounts:
- Assist in accounting matters
- Follow up on payments of invoices distributed
- Ensure timely payments to vendors and suppliers are made
- Maintain filing of payment vouchers and incoming invoices
- Fluency in English (Written and spoken);
- Fluency in Bahasa Malaysia (Written and spoken);
- Good organizational skills;
- Self – Starter / Pro – active / Can Work Independently;
- MS Office;
- Training will be provided for those who are keen on learning;
- Candidates should be Malaysian citizens;
- The candidate may occasionally have to be available to work outside regular working hours for MDBC events.