Interested? Kindly submit your Resume with motivation letter inclusive of relevant experience and references to the undersigned at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the Subject line which Internship you are applying for.
Thank you for your attention & with kind regards,
Jolande Jonge Poerink
MDBC Student Internship Program Manager
The Malaysian Dutch Business Council is an active mid-size bilateral business support organisation with nearly 250 corporate members. MDBC is considered one of the most active (non-profit) business councils in Malaysia and is a member of EUMCCI. It delivers an extensive scope of services to its members.
Malaysia is a wonderful country in South East Asia with a vibrant economy. It is also a market in which many international companies (both Dutch and otherwise) choose to expand their presence in the international arena. The MDBC Student Internship Program (SIP) will give you an opportunity to discover this new world and provide you with a once in a lifetime experience.
MDBC will do its best to pair you up with the appropriate company but we cannot guarantee you an internship. Please note: Some exceptions may apply to students of Dutch Universities of Academic and Scientific education or for foreign / international students at Dutch universities.
A small selection of our available internships are listed below.
- Must be a current student at a Dutch university;
- Passport with validity for at least 1 1/2 years (18 months) past the expected date of internship commencement;
- Conversational English.
Strong preference is given to students at one of our partner Universities / Colleges of Applied Sciences (Hoger Beroeps Onderwijs).
MDBC member DIA Brand Consultants is looking for radical thinkers to join their strategy practice, working alongside some of the best creative talents in the industry. DIA is a multi – award winning design, innovation and strategic branding consultancy. Known for their groundbreaking strategies and design solutions, they believe in bringing together a good mix of personalities – be it strategists, designers, experience creators, storytellers, or interaction experts.
Brand Design Interns will work collaboratively and creatively within interdisciplinary teams. Interns will learn to work on creative projects across industries and design disciplines. Your role will vary from Project to Project including:
- Design research to spark imaginations and push design boundaries
- Bringing fresh perspectives and cutting edge ideas to the table
- Supporting design and production work in the studio such as visual audits, concept generation, experience creation, digital imaging, finished artwork production, mocking up, art direction assistance, storyboarding, etc.
What they need:
- Undergraduates (first to final year) from prominent design schools locally or internationally
- Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign knowledge are a must
- A strong portfolio with a good sense of design, color, and typography
- Able to work across a range of projects and mediums, from identity to print design, packaging, environmental graphics, interactive design, presentation design, motion graphics, etc.
- Passionate about visual design with a clear point of view about your work
- Able to play nicely with others with a can – do attitude
Various MDBC members – prestigious hotels in Malaysia are looking for Front Office interns.
- Checking in all arriving guests (individuals / groups) according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Process and update all check ins of the day accurately
- Handles preparation of keys for groups
- Updating self on product knowledge such as room amenities, facilities, and rates
- Ensure reception and cashier counter is kept tidy at all times
- Ensure posting of guest room bills are done before the end of the shift
- Handles foreign currency transactions as per the Standard Operating Procedures
- Performs the check out process for all departures
- Undergraduates from prominent hotel schools in The Netherlands
- Student must be of Dutch nationality
- Fluent in English
- Have some basic customer service experience
- Available for 20 weeks or more
- Depending on the hotel, you may be offered in – house accommodation or MDBC can support you with finding accommodation outside the hotel
- Depending on the hotel and the accommodation arrangements, the internship allowance will vary between RM 350 – RM 900 / month (Please check with MDBC). Usually staff meals and dry cleaning costs are covered.